Intellectual property (IP) is one of the most valuable assets of any firm. Nevertheless, in a world of widespread piracy and strong tendencies for the unlawful use of intellectual property, the registration and protection of IP are strategically crucial to reducing unfair competition.
Our IP experts combine both the theory and the practice-based expertise to protect the rights of our clients. We have significant experience in IP rights protection, including assistance with national and international registration of trademarks (brands, trade names) on behalf of local and foreign companies; advising on license and franchise agreements, and drafting of IP rights contracts. Moreover, we have extensive experience in patenting inventions, utility models and industrial designs. Furthermore, our services also cover patent researches, protection of IP rights through the pre-trial process and representing international companies at the courts of various instances and state agencies.
- Well-known Trademarks;
- International and National Trademark Registration;
- Trademarks Search;
- Inventions and Utility Models;
- Industrial Designs;
- Patent Obtaining Abroad;
- Patent Researches and Test for Novelty;
- License Agreement;
- Assignment Agreement;
- Pledge Agreement for Exclusive Rights;
- Copyright and Related Rights;
- Company Names;
- Trade Secrets and Know-How;
- Internet and E-Commerce;
- Domain Names and Websites;
- Due Diligence and Audit of IP Rights;
- Preventive/Complaint Measures to Protect IP;
- Protection of IP Rights and Fight Against Counterfeit Products;
- Inclusion of IP Objects into the Customs Register;
- Unfair Competition and False Advertising;
- Parallel Import;
- IP Litigation and Disputes.
- The International Comparative Legal Guide series - Franchise 2017: Kazakhstan.
- The Franchise Law Review: Kazakhstan.
- The International Comparative Legal Guide series - Copyright 2016. 2nd edition. A practical cross-border insight into the copyright law.
- The International Comparative Legal Guide series - Franchise 2016. 2nd edition. A practical cross-border insight into the franchising law.
- The International Comparative Legal Guide series - Trademarks 2016. 5th edition. A practical cross-border insight into the trademarks effect.
- The International Comparative Legal Guide series - Trademarks 2016.
- Parallel import remedies: Russia and Kazakhstan. Corporate Lawyer No.5, 2015.
- Protection of Trademarks in Kazakhstan: Must Know for Businesses (Published in Forbes Kazakhstan 29 September 2016).
- The Intellectual Property and Antitrust Review: Kazakhstan, 2017. 2nd edition.
- Review of Legal Precedents Related to the Disputes on the IP Rights Protection (Published in IV Investors’ Voice, July 2019).
- IP Protection in Kazakhstan: What prevents the courts from accepting the patent holders’ position? (Published in IV Investors’ Voice, Forbes Kazakhstan, 14 September 2019).