GRATA International's M&A and Corporate Law practice is one of the largest in the CIS. We have received awards from leading international rankings such as Legal 500 and Chambers & Partners.
Our lawyers have extensive experience in advising on topical and problematic issues of corporate legislation in the countries where GRATA International is present. The firm's portfolio includes over a hundred successful mergers and acquisitions, including landmark cross-border deals. Our M&A support includes a full range of services, from due diligence to registration of rights to acquired shares / shares and assets. We would especially like to note the strongest expertise of GRATA International on obtaining regulatory approvals required for M&A transactions.
Another key specialization of our lawyers is the creation of joint ventures with foreign participation: in this area we represent the interests of the largest corporations in the world.
Our experience in the field of corporate governance deserves special attention. For example, Igor Lukin, head of corporate practice at the Almaty office of GRATA International, was part of the team of official consultants for the EBRD Project on the Study and Reform of Corporate Governance in Kazakhstan and the International Finance Corporation Program for Improving Corporate Governance in Eastern Europe and Central Asia.
Our services in the domain of corporate law include:
- Advising on Corporate and M&A;
- Structuring and support of M&A; preparing the share transfer agreements;
- Obtaining regulatory approvals in M&A;
- Creating joint ventures; preparing shareholders’ agreements;
- Legal due diligence; background checks;
- Corporate dispute resolution;
- Incorporation of companies, branches and representative offices;
- Reorganization, transformation, and liquidation of companies branches and representative offices;
- Changing CEOs, charter capital increase/decrease, registered address change, and other corporate procedures;
- Preparing constituent Documents, regulations, rules, and other internal documents;
- Advising on corporate governance; corporate secretary service;
- Obtaining business identification numbers, individual identification numbers;
- Opening bank accounts, obtaining digital signature.