Labour relations are an integral and constant part of any company's business and impose a number of obligations on employers that should not be performed just formally. Our experience shows that the lack of attention to compliance with the requirements of the Labor Code often leads to violations, the consequences of which can be difficult or impossible to remedy. In addition to this, they can be extremely costly and damaging for a company such as in the case of litigation with employees or claims from governmental authorities and potential sanctions.
We are of the opinion that most such disputes and conflicts can be avoided if a company seeks qualified legal assistance at the right time. At the early stage of a conflict or dispute with a governmental authority or an employee, a professional lawyer can promptly devise effective ways to resolve it. To this end, our Corporate Law Department has been operating successfully within the GRATA structure for a long time. One of the focuses of the Department is labour law.
Our services in the domain of corporate law include:
- Advising on choice of a legal form for doing business
- Providing for establishment of legal entities (i.e., joint ventures), reorganization and liquidation thereof
- Providing for opening of branches and representative offices
- Legal due diligence in the framework of sale and purchase of companies’ shares and assets and investment projects
- Comprehensive legal support of M&A transactions, including transaction structuring, development of sale and purchase and shareholders’ agreements and other transaction documents and obtaining the preliminary consent of the antitrust authority
- Working out charters and internal regulatory documents of legal entities