Kazakhstan qualified lawyer (1999). LLM Degree from City University, London (2002)
Graduate diploma in Law and Legal Practice course (BPP Law School)
Experience advising international consultants and managing corporate, employment, regulatory affairs and banking & finance law related projects.
Leading practitioner for the Employment & Immigration practice.
Large network of contacts in the City of London, Kazakhstan, Central Asia, financial services, legal and emerging markets sectors.
Long term focus on the strategic development of legal business.Fluent Russian and English skills.
Founder of Medical Life Lines Ukraine charitable group – run only by volunteers
Since 25 February 2022 built SW19 supporters’ network which raised and sent to Ukraine humanitarian aid for over £500K.
Started a crowdfunding and a movement in South-West London that raised over £120K. Sent and donated 16 ambulances to Ukraine hospitals in rural areas where help needed the most.
Organised number of humanitarian aid deliveries to Ukraine, including a food truck to Slavutych, city near Chernobyl nuclear plant, within days of it getting out of occupation by the Russian forces.
CAI Consult Ltd, London, UK September 2012 - to date
Director in own business consultancy since 2012. Business, legal, regulatory, certification, technical compliance consultancies.
Major project – TCO (from Jan 2018 to June 2019)
TengizChevroil (TCO), Farnborough, UK Jan 2018 – June 2019
Job title: Regulatory affairs coordinator
Role: Responsible for reviewing material requisition contracts and conformity of supplies to Oil & Gas Project to EAC Technical regulations. Materials certification, customs clearance and state registration of supplies and equipment.
Coordinating certification processes with logistics, supplier qualification system, engineering Project teams.
GRATA Law Firm, UK
Job Title: Counsel and head of the UK representative office, promoted to partner
Banking & Finance, Regulatory, Corporate/ M&A
Role: Project management hub between European clients and GRATA Central Asian offices and first point of contact for European businesses fCand banks.
- Advising Canadian development bank on the potential financing of Bombardier aircrafts to new Kazakhstan airline.
- Advising major European engineering business with operations in Central Asia on corporate, employment and regulatory matters in Kazakhstan.
- Regularly advising major European banks and companies on employment and data protection policies in Kazakhstan.
- Regularly advising EBRD on financing of Kazakhstan corporates and municipalities.
- Advising Polish IT company, one of the largest European software vendor on acquisition of Kazakh IT company.
- Advising leading car hire company, world’s fastest growing mobile app startup on transportation regulatory framework and starting operation in Kazakhstan.
- Advising international investors on variety of the most attractive schemes for bringing foreign personnel into Kazakhstan.
- Leading legal teams on HR audits of a number of Kazakhstan companies, in retail, tobacco, oil & gas and other industries.
- Advising Islamic bank on jurisdiction of Astana International Financial Centre as regulatory body for Islamic banking in Kazakhstan.
- Advising a major sovereign wealth fund on the acquisition of LSE listed shares of the large Kazakhstan oil & gas company.
- Advising UniCredit Group in the USD 2.3 billion acquisition of ATF Bank, one of the largest Kazakh banks.