On June 17, 2021, a joint webinar with Steptoe law firm was held.
The webinar was discussed issues on international trade, international arbitration and anti-corruption issues affecting companies doing business in the United States.
Vyacheslav Khorovskiy, Managing Partner of GRATA Moscow office was a webinar moderator.
Speakers from Steptoe were:
- Brigida Benitez, Partner, Steptoe; former chief, Office of Institutional Integrity at the Inter-American Development Bank.
- Matthew Coleman, Partner, Steptoe.
- Eric Emerson, Partner and Co-Chair of Steptoe's International Trade & Regulatory Compliance group.
- Meredith Rathbone, Partner and Co-Chair of Steptoe’s International Trade & Regulatory Compliance group.
Key topics included:
- Forced labor import restrictions being rolled out against imports from China and potential broader restrictions.
- Recent developments in anti-corruption enforcement.
- Investor-state arbitration developments potentially relevant to CIS companies and governments.
- Recent developments in US-Russia sanctions.
The speakers’ presentation is available by the link→