On 11 February 2021, GRATA International held the International Taxation online conference.
The event attracted many attendees from different countries and was divided into two sessions.
The first session was conducted entirely in Russian, moderated by Dmitry Viltovsky, Managing Partner, GRATA Minsk.
The second session was intended for English-speaking audience and moderated by Igor Popa, Senior Partner, GRATA Chisinau.
The conference covered the emergence of permanent establishment of foreign organisations for tax purposes, areas of concern in the application of double taxation treaty, international tax exchange of information, and the concept of beneficial ownership.
GRATA partners and leading lawyers presented the following topics:
- Permanent establishment of foreign organisations in Russia - Oksana Afanasieva, Partner, GRATA St.Petersburg.
- Permanent establishment of foreign companies in Belarus - Mariya Azarova, Junior Associate, GRATA Belarus.
- Regulation of permanent establishments of foreign companies in Uzbekistan - Nodir Yuldashev, Partner, GRATA Uzbekistan.
- Rules of administration of Double Tax Treaties in Azerbaijan - Royal Ibrahimli, Associate, GRATA Azerbaijan.
- Taxation of Permanent Establishment in Georgia - Sofia Roinishvili, Partner, GRATA Georgia.
- The concept of beneficial ownership in Kazakhstan - Lyazzat Zhilkibagarova, Associate, GRATA Kazakhstan.
- Double Tax Relief - Tax Treaties in Moldova - Igor Popa, Senior Partner, GRATA Moldova.
- Double Taxation Agreements in force in Mongolia - Buyanjargal Tungalag.
There were many quite interesting questions from the audience during the conference, and the answers thereto were covered in full. We appreciate this opportunity to share experience.
The Conference record:
GRATA International expresses its deep gratitude to the speakers and moderators, as well as the audience for the active involvement.