Apart from directing and managing the firm, Igor Popa is always personally involved in transactions of our team. He has more than 18 years of experience dealing with issues that foreign investors face in Moldova and has a profound understanding of the localmarket.
Igor Popa has extensive expertise in litigation, has controlled litigious matters in various areas of practice, has represented officials and multinational corporations, clients in disputes before Moldovan courts, including the Supreme Court of Justice. He specialises in Banking & Finance, Project Finance and Public-Private Partnership (PPP) Mergers & Acquisitions/ Privatisation and in the last 5 years has developed particular knowledge in Capital Market & Securities.
He represented domestic and international clients in a wide range of industries, including Banking, Energy, Healthcare, PPP and Igor Popa has legal and Accounting including (IFRS) background, being a team leader in a variety of high-profile projects and transactions in Moldova.
- Mergers & Acquisitions/ Privatisation.
- Project Finance and Public-Private Partnership (PPP).
- Capital Markets & Securities.
- Banking & Finance.
- Private Equity / Venture Capital.
- Pharmaceuticals and Healthcare.
- Technology, Media & Telecommunications.
Master Degree, LL.M. in Finance
- Institute for Law and Finance (ILF), J.-W.- Goethe-University, Frankfurt am Main, Germany, 2013.
Law studies / Bachelor (qualification as a lawyer)
- - Police Academy "Ştefan cel Mare", Chisinau, 1998.
Diploma in Accounting
- - College of Economics and Industry, Chisinau, 1993.