Ummi Jalilova has over 14 years of experience in matters of corporate law, commercial law, contract law, labour law, administrative law and international law.
Ummi heads GRATA International law firm’s Baku office and represents local and international clients on a wide range of employment, corporate issues and international business transactions. Her recent representative matters relate to corporate reorganization transactions, including mergers and acquisitions involving multiple jurisdictions, employee share option schemes, leading the team dealing with liquidation of legal entities, recognition of judgments of foreign courts and arbitration institutions in Azerbaijan, drafting and reviewing employment agreements, handbooks and policies, providing guidance/recommendations on mutual separation agreements and voluntary separation schemes, retrenchments, and matters related to employee discipline, including dismissals and misconduct. Currently, Ms.Jalilova also leads local counsel in ADB project, i.e. in Transaction advisory segment of PPP in Azerbaijan, including preparation of amendments to the current regulatory acts in order to improve legislation to make PPP projects in Azerbaijan attractive and comfortable for foreign and local investors.
- Honour Certificate from the Ministry of Internal Affairs, 2010.
- Certificate of Appreciation by World Bank Group for contribution to Doing Business 2014: Understanding Regulations for Small and Medium Size Enterprises.
- Certificate of Appreciation by World Bank Group for contribution to Doing Business 2015: Going Beyond Efficiency.
- Certificate of Appreciation by World Bank Group for contribution to Doing Business 2016: Measuring Regulatory Quality and Efficiency.
- Certificate of Appreciation by World Bank Group for contribution to Doing Business 2017: Equal Opportunity for all.
- 2004 BA in Law – Baku State University (Azerbaijan).
- 2007 LL.M in Civil and Commercial Law – Baku State University (Azerbaijan).
- 2011 LL.M - Indiana University, Robert H. McKinney School of Law (USA).
- American Bar Association.
- Azerbaijan chapter of “Local Content for the international petroleum industry” book, 2018 https://www.pennwellbooks.com/content/Local_Content_for_the_International_Petroleum_Industry_TOC.pd
- International Arbitration, 2017 by Global Legal Insights – contributed Azerbaijan chapter of the book https://www.globallegalinsights.com/practice-areas/international-arbitration-/global-legal-insights---international-arbitration-3rd-ed./azerbaijan
- Arbitration procedures and practice in Azerbaijan: overview – Arbitration Global Guide, Thomson Reuters, 2016 https://uk.practicallaw.thomsonreuters.com/2-637-0089?transitionType=Default&contextData=(sc.Default)&firstPage=true&bhcp=1
- Recent developments in labour legislation - Experts guide “Discrimination and equality, 2014” http://www.mondaq.com/x/356118/Discrimination+Disability+Sexual+Harassment/Recent+developments+in+Azerbaijani+labour+law
- Azerbaijan-European Union Relations, Bulletin of MIA 2009
- Social and Legal Aspects of Pension Provisions of Officers of the Law-Enforcement Bodies, Bulletin of MIA 2005
- Decrees of the Supreme Court as One of the Sources of Law, 6 Law Journal 2004
- Looking at Democracy, Digest of Research Articles, 9 National Academy of Science 2004
- The Law "On Freedom of Faith" Contradicts the Secularity Principle, Law+Youth Journal 2004