Shaimerden Chikanayev advises international financial institutions, investors, sponsors, developers and government entities on energy and infrastructure transactions, including public-private partnerships (PPP) in Kazakhstan and rest of Central Asia and Caucuses. Shaimerden has developed concentrated knowledge in a wide range of industries, in particular in energy, healthcare, utilities and social infrastructure, and transportation.
Mr. Chikanayev is admitted to practice in Kazakhstan from 2003 and he has an advocate status (member of the Almaty City Bar Association).
- LL.M. from the Duke University School of Law (USA), 2006;
- Specialist degree in law (JD equivalent) from the Eurasian National University Faculty of Law (Kazakhstan), 2003;
- Completed non-degree course of studies as an exchange student in the China Foreign Affairs University (PRC), 2003.
- The Renewable Energy Law Review: Kazakhstan 2022
- The Energy Regulation and Markets Review
- Public-Private Partnerships in Kazakhstan: Evolution of the Government Policy and Reality of PPP Deployment
Currently on a study sabbatical until 2026, not an employee of GRATA.