Shaimerden Chikanayev was a speaker at the International Scientific Practical Conference
On 21-22 September 2017, an International Practical Conference, dedicated to the 25th anniversary of the Caspian University, was held at the Caspian University in Almaty. Conference theme: Contemporary Issues of International Financial and Tax Law.
Welcoming remarks were delivered by Zholdasbek Nussenov, Rector of the Caspian University, Svetlana Moroz, Dean of Adilet School of Law, Patrick Renar, Consul General of the French Republic in Almaty, and Radoslaw Gruk, Consul General of the republic of Poland in Almaty.
Professors of Law, Candidates of Law, Lecturers, and graduate students were amongst the speakers.
GRATA International was represented by Shaimerden Chikanayev, Partner, spoke at the conference on the Public Private Partnership contract as a new Investment Law Institution topic.
The following issues were discussed:
1. Client protection in financial services;
2. Restoring financial stability in the Euro area;
3. WTO and direct taxation;
4. EU financial regulation and the challenges of the 21st century;
5. Financial regulation in the post-sectoral world;
6. Tax administration modernisation in France;
7. Properties of the financial organisations’ activities in the EEA countries;
8. Double taxation issues in international trade transactions.
Shaimerden Chikanayev is a Partner and Director of Banking & Finance Department. Shaimerden focuses his practice on a wide range of PPP, finance and M&A transactions, including project finance and capital markets, infrastructure transactions, and workouts and restructurings in many industries.
Shaimerden received very positive feedback from the conference participants.