GRATA International and Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer are organising a seminar on PPP
GRATA International in cooperation with international law firm Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer LLP invites you for a free seminar on "Legal and practical aspects of public private partnerships (PPP): reviewing CIS project experience for Kazakhstan".
Fedor Teselkin, Partner at Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer LLP law firm, Moscow.
Shaimerden Chikanayev, Partner at GRATA International law firm, Almaty.
As special guests and speakers have been invited:
Mr. Adil Utembayev Nurlanovich, Chairman of the Board of the Public-Private Partnership Advisory Center LLP and Mr. Askar Namazbayev, CFA, Associate Director, Senior Banker, Infrastructure Russia and Central Asia team European Bank for Reconstruction and Development. Almaty, Kazakhstan
The language of the seminar will be Russian. If you’d like to join this event please send your request to email@example.com.
During the seminar there will be a coffee break for networking.
Time and venue:
20th of September, 2016, Astana city, 9.30 am-1 pm, Marriott Hotel, conference room Zaysan.
22th of September, 2016, Almaty city, 9.30 am-1 pm, Hotel InterContinental Almaty, conference room Abay.
1) What is PPP: legal definition and standard business entity structure
2) PPP models in legislations of Russia and Kazakhstan
- BOOT and other models under Federal Law on;
- PPP Life Cycle Contracts and other models under; procurement law (44-F3 and 223-F3);
- Other models
- Other models under the Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan on PPP
- Other models under the Civil Code of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- Main similarities and differences, practical recommendations;
- Tender and concessional (PPP) documentation
- Financial documentation
- Subcontract documentation
- Joint-stock documentation
4) Key legal requirements for financeability (bankability) of PPP (Russia and Kazakhstan):
- Compensation in case of termination of agreement (contract-legal and budget-legal aspects);
- Payment mechanism;
- Mechanism of managing public risks (special circumstances and similar instruments);
- Securities package, including direct agreement with creditors
- Dispute resolution: arbitration clause and enforcement of court judgements
- PPP development tendencies in Russia and Kazakhstan