On August 4, 2020, a webinar will be held on the topic: "Reforming the gas market in Kazakhstan: main problems and legal aspects".
Time: 13.00 (time of Nur-Sultan)
The speaker will be: Shaimerden Chikanayev, Partner of GRATA International
The webinar will considered the following issues:
1. Main disadvantages of the current legislative architecture of the Kazakhstan gas market: prerequisites for structural reforms
- government regulation of wholesale gas prices and cross-subsidies.
- lack of transparency in the tariff for the use of gas transportation infrastructure and underground storage facilities
- underdevelopment of exchange trading in natural gas.
- the pre-emptive right of KTG and the need to liberalize gas exports.
- unfinished privatization and division of the activities of the monopolist (KMG) by activities (ownership unbundling).
- unresolved issue of non-discriminatory access to trunk and distribution gas pipeline
2. Prospects and possible consequences of the launch of the EAEU common gas market in 2025.
3. Reform or Liberalization? What to expect?
To register, follow the link →
For additional questions please email: firstname.lastname@example.org