Gokmen Baspinar is a graduate of Ankara University Law School, class of 1998. He received his LLM at the Marmara University Law School. Between 1999 – 2001 Gokmen worked at the European Court of Human Rights in Strasbourg. Before deciding to set up his own firm with his partners in 2010, Gokmen was a partner to one of the biggest law firms in Turkey.
Gokmen started his career with a marine company and specialized in P&I insurance matters. He has been involved in all types of real estate deals. Gokmen represented a vast range of clients from financial investors to developers, from end customers to contractors.
Gokmen is also known for structuring deals related to distressed assets and resolving complex legal matters in a timely manner.
Gokmen has extensive experience in privatization deals. He was the leading counsel to the Privatization Authority during privatization of Petkim Petrochemicals Co., 51% of which was privatized for USD 2.040.000.000. He advised a foreign client on the privatization of the Turkish National Lottery games.
Gokmen also advised a large number of M&A and NPL transactions and represented both local and international investors. He is also licensed to conduct trademark and patent applications.
- Banking and Project Finance
- Commercial Law
- Contract Law
- Corporate Law
- Intellectual Property
- Real Estate and Construction
1998 Bachelor of Law – Ankara University
2002 LLM – Marmara University
- FDI Fuels Turkey's Record-Breaking Growth, International Financial Law Review Magazine
- ICLG Corporate Recovery & Insolvency, 8th Edition, Global Legal Group
- ICLG Trade Mark, 3rd Edition, Global Legal Group
- GLI Litigation & Dispute Resolution, 3rd Edition, Global Legal Group
- International Civil Fraud Jurisdictional Comparisons, European Lawyer Reference Series
- Corporate Real Estate Multi-Jurisdictional Guide Practical Law, Thomson Reuters
- Legal 500 Real Estate Guide, Turkey chapter