Elena is Counsel of Grata International leading the Russian competition practice.
Elena has more than 20 years of experience advising on international transactions and projects including foreign investments in Russian strategic companies and assets.
Elena’s primary focus has been competition law advice ranging from competition compliance matters and review of distribution and commercial arrangements to investigations and advice on abuse of a dominant position and unfair competition.
Elena has a profound expertise in merger control matters including substantive assessment of competition concerns and obtaining clearance from the antimonopoly authority. She has wealth of experience in managing multijurisdictional reviews and filings. Elena advises on the foreign investment regulations, has obtained prior consents of the RF Government Commission in relation to deals involving strategic industries and foreign sovereign investors.
Elena represents clients before the antimonopoly authority in the proceedings on alleged violations of competition law and public procurement law.
Elena has successfully participated in a number of legislative initiatives related to the Russian competition law.
Elena earlier headed the Russian competition practice of DLA Piper, Salans (currently Dentons) and was an advisor to ASB Consulting Group leading the competition practice.
Chambers Europe (2016)
Pravo.ru Best Lawyers (2018)
- The Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration (RANEPA), postgraduate course on analyzing current competition conditions in the goods market to ensure relevant antimonopoly regulations 2012
- King’s College London, Economics for Competition Law course 2010
- Moscow State Institute of International Relations (MGIMO), International Law Degree 1998
- Moscow State Linguistic University 1995
- International Bar Association
- Antitrust Section, Women Lawyers’ Interest Group
- Association of Antimonopoly Experts