Cleo Loizou joined the Law Firm of Nasos A. Kyriakides & Partners LLC in 2006 and is the Head of the International Business Department of the firm. She specialized in Litigation and represented corporate and individual clients in litigation involving personal and business disputes.
In the year 2009, Cleo moved on to Corporate Law Practice servicing international clientele and undertakes major transaction work, re-organizations, the setting up and management of corporate structures, advising and drafting of corporate and commercial agreements, including the preparation of Share Purchase and Shareholders Agreements and the drafting of Company Law related Legal Opinions and Due Diligence.
She is responsible for such duties as formation of Cyprus companies, opening of client bank accounts, as she is an official business associate of Bank of Cyprus, effecting corporate changes, and liaising with other departments to ensure timely statutory filings of client portfolio.
She acts for large groups and international corporations as well as for individuals regarding corporate matters, including mergers and acquisitions and general corporate advice.
She attended many corporate and tax seminars and business forums (Corporate Administration Process, Practice & Procedures for Pre-Incorporation, Formation, Compliance with the EU Directives & Guidelines of the CBA and Operation & Dissolution of Companies) in Cyprus, Russia, Ukraine, Latvia, Denmark and Czech Republic.
Cleo has extensive experience in Corporate Law and heads the Corporate Department of our firm.
Practices and Industry Sectors:
- Tax law and International Tax Planning,
- Banking and Finance,
- Corporate and Commercial,
- European Union Law Litigation and Mediation.
- Bachelor in Laws, LL.B Aristotle University of Thessalonica, Greece (2006)
- CIIM Master Class Certificate in Shipping Management, Business & Operations
- Qualified & Accredited Civil and Commercial Mediator with ADRg (UK)
- Qualified & Accredited Mediator by the Accreditation Committee of the Cyprus Ministry of Justice and Public Order (Law 159(Ι)/2012)
- Qualified & Accredited Mediator from the Central Bank of Cyprus in relation to disputes of loan restructuring
- Sworn Attorney since May 12, 2021
- Cyprus Bar Association
- ADRg (UK)
- Mediator by the Accreditation Committee of the Cyprus Ministry of Justice and Public Order (Law 159(Ι)/2012)
- Mediator from the Central Bank of Cyprus in relation to disputes of loan restructuring
- Register of Sworn Attorneys