Since 2021, Kazakhstan has launched the universal declaration of income as part of the implementation of the Plan of the Nation - 100 concrete steps in the Republic of Kazakhstan. Universal declaration will be carried out in 4 stages:
- the first stage was launched on 1 January 2021 with the declaration of income and property of an individual, which was provided by civil servants
- and persons equivalent to them and their spouses;
- the second stage was launched from January this year 2023, affecting employees of public institutions, quasi-public institutions and their spouses;
- in the third stage, from 2024, managers and founders of legal entities, individual entrepreneurs and their spouses will be subject to declaration;
- and the implementation of the universal declaration will be completed by thefourth stage, under which all other categories of citizens will be subject to declaration from 1 January 2025.