On 31 March 2020, the Eurasian Economic College adopted an additional decision aimed at establishing a temporary export ban of food products from the countries of the Eurasian Economic Union:
- Until 30 June 2020, the ban was established on the export of onions, garlic, turnips, rye, rice, buckwheat, millet, cereals, wholemeal flour and granules from cereal grains, peeled buckwheat grains, prepared foods from buckwheat, crushed and uncrushed soy beans and sunflower seeds.
On 2 April 2020, the order of Minister of Agriculture of Kazakhstan established quotas and temporary limits on the export of certain types of food products for a period up to 1 September 2020.
- The list of goods prohibited for export includes buckwheat, white sugar, potatoes, onions, garlic and other onion vegetables, sunflower seeds, and sunflower oil.
- The list of quota’s goods includes carrots, turnips, beets, cabbage and similar edible vegetables, wheat or rye flour, soft wheat, and meslin.
About GRATA International
GRATA International is the largest independent Kazakhstani law firm, and one of the leading law firms in Central Asia and the Caspian Region. GRATA has provided a wide range of legal services in these regions for over 25 years.
Throughout its existence the Firm has developed an experienced tax and customs practice. In view of this, in 2005 the tax and customs department were formed. Unlike many consulting companies, GRATA’s tax and customs team comprised mainly of lawyers and auditors who have experience of working in the tax and customs authorities. This feature enables us to provide our clients not only correct but practically feasible advice.
- Advising on customs regulations of the Republic of Kazakhstan and the EAEU;
- Advising on the classification of goods;
- Appealing against decisions and actions of customs authorities to higher authorities;
- Appealing against decisions and actions of customs authorities to the courts of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
- Customs audit of foreign trade and customs operations of foreign trade activity players;
- Legal support of customs inspections.
For additional information, please visit www.gratanet.com, or contact:
Head of Tax Department
+7 (727) 2445-777
+7 (701) 763-07-14
This alert for informational purposes only and shall not be treated as a legal advice. GRATA International is not responsible for any consequences arising from the use of the aforementioned information without its consent.
 Decision of the Eurasian Economic College No. 43 On Amending the Decision of the Board of the Eurasian Economic Commission dated 21 April 2015 No. 30 “On Non-Tariff Regulation Measures”
 Order of the Minister of Agriculture of the Republic of Kazakhstan dated 2 April 2020 No. 111 “On some issues of the export of certain goods from the territory of the Republic of Kazakhstan”