In connection with the declaration of the state of emergency in Kazakhstan, the Government has been taken the following measures regarding customs regulation:
- A “green corridor” has been opened for the import of socially significant products: the main importers of socially significant goods are exempted from applying customs control forms during clearance;
- Reduced administrative burden on the border in other categories of business by narrowing the “red and yellow corridors”;
- Strengthened veterinary control;
- A mechanism has been introduced for electronic confirmation or refusal to confirm the payment of indirect taxes when importing EAEU goods;
- The following inspection activities have been suspended or canceled:
-the delivery of documents issued during or following the results of customs inspections and inspections of customs documents and information (acts of inspections, notifications, requirements) on purpose has been suspended;
-canceled customs inspections appointed but not started as of 16 March 2020;
-the appointment of exit customs inspections has been suspended, with the exception of cases provided for by the Code of Criminal Procedure of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
-the acceptance of declarants for consultations has been suspended;
-the deadline for reporting on the use of foreign goods, including goods for which lower rates of import customs duties are applied than those established by the CN FEA of EAEU, has been changed. Now such reports are submitted once every six months before the 10th day of the month following the reporting one.
About GRATA International
- GRATA International is the largest independent Kazakhstani law firm, and one of the leading law firms in Central Asia and the Caspian Region. GRATA has provided a wide range of legal services in these regions for over 25 years.
- Throughout its existence the Firm has developed an experienced tax and customs practice. In view of this, in 2005 the tax and customs department were formed. Unlike many consulting companies, GRATA’s tax and customs team comprised mainly of lawyers and auditors who have experience of working in the tax and customs authorities. This feature enables us to provide our clients not only correct but practically feasible advice.
- Advising on customs regulations of the Republic of Kazakhstan and the EAEU;
- Advising on the classification of goods;
- Appealing against decisions and actions of customs authorities to higher authorities;
- Appealing against decisions and actions of customs authorities to the courts of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
- Customs audit of foreign trade and customs operations of foreign trade activity players;
- Legal support of customs inspections.
- For additional information, please visit www.gratanet.com, or contact:
Head of Tax Department
+7 (727) 2445-777
+7 (701) 763-07-14
This alert for informational purposes only and shall not be treated as a legal advice. GRATA International is not responsible for any consequences arising from the use of the aforementioned information without its consent.