1. AMENDMENTS TO TAX CODE
Law of the Republic of Azerbaijan “on Amendments to the Tax Code of the Republic of Azerbaijan” was approved by the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan on 23 February 2021.
The amendments concerns the following matters:
Article 164. Tax exemption
- import and sale of wheat, production and sale of wheat flour and bread - for the period from January 1, 2017 for 7 years;
- submission of non-performing (toxic) assets in accordance with the procedure established by the relevant executive authority within the resolution and rehabilitation measures of insolvent banks, as well as submission of bank assets within the bankruptcy procedure - for a period from January 2017 for 5 years;
- Production and sale of bran - for a period from March 1, 2019 for 5 years;
- an agreement concluded with a body (institution) determined by the relevant executive authority at the expense of funds allocated from the state budget for the implementation of the tasks provided for in its charters and assigned to them by public legal entities established on behalf of the state, the list of which is approved by the relevant executive authority; provision of works and services on the basis of - for a period from January 1, 2020 for 2 years;
- Import of new types of coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccines and syringes intended for those vaccines on the basis of the confirmation document of the body (institution) determined by the relevant executive authority - for a period from January 2021 for 2 years;
- sale of gold and silver in the form of ingots, coins or pellets.
Article 188. Exemptions
188.1. The following are exempt from excise:
- imported platinum, gold and jewelry and other products made of them, processed, graded, framed and hardened diamonds - for a period from January 1, 2021 for 3 years.
Article 190. List of excisable goods and tax rates
190.1. The following goods belong to excisable goods:
- other smoking tobacco, except for industrial tobacco, "homogenized" or "reconstituted" tobacco, chewed or snuffed tobacco, as well as hookah tobacco;
- tobacco and tobacco products consumed as a result of heating (steam).
190.3. Drinking alcohol, beer, alcoholic beverages, tobacco products, energy (alcoholic and non-alcoholic) beverages, other tobacco products other than industrial tobacco, "homogenized" or "reconstituted" tobacco, chewed or snuffed tobacco, produced in the Republic of Azerbaijan,
The following excise rates apply to tobacco for hookahs, as well as tobacco and tobacco products consumed as a result of heating (steam), and liquids for e-cigarettes:
- cigarillos (thin cigars) - 43.0 manats per 1000 pieces;
- cigarettes made of tobacco and its substitutes - 35.0 manats per 1000 units;
- liquid for e-cigarettes - 100.0 manat per liter;
- non-darkened alcoholic beverages not provided for in this article (alcohol content not exceeding 9%) - 0.4 manats per liter;
- other smoking tobacco, except for industrial tobacco, "homogenized" or "reconstituted" tobacco, chewed or snuffed tobacco, as well as tobacco for hookah - 30.0 manats per kilogram;
- tobacco and tobacco products consumed as a result of heating - 12.9 manat per 1000 units.
2. AMENDMENTS TO THE LAW OF THE REPUBLIC OF AZERBAIJAN “ON NOTARY”
The following sub-article was added to the Law:
“Article 31-1. Features of state duty and levy on notarial acts
State fee for approval of copies of documents not intended to be given to the person applying for notarial acts, including for the purpose of attachment to the notarial case, as well as transfer of information or copies of documents obtained through electronic information systems or resources within the framework of other notarial acts or a fee, as well as a fee for services rendered in connection with notarial acts”.
3. AMENDMENTS TO THE LAW OF THE REPUBLIC OF AZERBAIJAN “ON THE SUSPENSION OF INSPECTIONS IN THE FIELD OF ENTREPRENEURSHIP”
Inspections in the field of entrepreneurship in the territory of the Republic of Azerbaijan will be suspended until January 1, 2022.
Also, the following sub-article was added to the Law:
“2.1-1. After the expiration of the period provided for in Article 1 of this Law, inspection bodies may not conduct scheduled (next) and unscheduled (extraordinary) inspections (except for inspections specified in Article 2.1 of this Law) related to the activities of entrepreneurs during the period of suspension of inspections”.