On December 9, 2019, the CCIFK held a meeting of the Legal Working Group at GRATA International offices in Almaty and Nur-Sultan for heads of legal departments and lawyers of companies - members of the CCIFK.
Ms. Leila Makhmetova, Counsel of GRATA International, and Ms. Zarina Malikova, lawyer of GRATA International gave a speech on “Agreement on the labeling of goods with certification tools in the EAEU: how it will affect business.”
During the meeting, CCIFK members discussed such issues as:
1) The list of goods to be marked;
2) Pilot marking projects in Kazakhstan;
3) The introduction of a marking system as a prerequisite for the development of the EAEU domestic market;
4) Basic principles of labeling in Kazakhstan;
5) Labeling methods for imports from the countries which are not EAEU members.
Meeting participants noted relevance of these discussions about forthcoming important novelties for business environment.