According to the Presidential Decree “On measures to further streamline foreign economic activity and stimulate the development of the domestic market for motor vehicles” dated 3 June 2020, No.ПП-4739, from 1 August 2020, the current excise tax rates on the following types of imported vehicles are canceled:
- tractors, semi-trailer truck, and skidders (HS codes of group 8701);
- motor vehicles with different engine sizes and capacities, including diesel and semi-diesels (group 8702);
- passenger cars and other motor vehicles intended primarily for the transport of people, including vans and racing cars (group 8703);
- motor vehicles for the transport of goods (group 8704).
Moreover, from 1 August 2020, the approved rates of the recycling fee begin to operate. This fee is charged from:
- individuals and legal entities when importing (releasing for free circulation) vehicles to the territory of Uzbekistan;
- legal entities in the production (assembly, manufacture) of wheeled vehicles, self-propelled vehicles, and its trailers sold on the territory of Uzbekistan.
In this case, the amount depends on the type, category, and technical characteristics of the vehicle - from 30 to 1 500 base calculation values (approximately USD 653 to 32 693).
 One base calculation value is UZS 223 000 (approximately USD 22).