Due to the worsening situation of the coronavirus pandemic and the increase in the number of coronavirus cases, the Special Republican Commission on Combating Coronavirus (the "Commission") has decided to strengthen the approved quarantine measures from 10th of July to 1st of August.
Pursuant to the decision of the Commission, a part of the employees of governmental authorities as well as employees of enterprises, without prejudice to their main activities, must be granted leave in accordance with the legislation, whereas, other employees should be transferred to the remote work to the extent possible. Also, as a result of significant number of violations of established norms for conducting events, the performances, cultural, entertainment and other mass events, weddings and family celebrations shall be prohibited.
Moreover, there have been adopted the following measures and restrictions on transport movement:
- driving without a special permit is allowed from 7 am to 10 am and from 5 pm to 8 pm only for the purpose of travel to and from work, as well as for the purchase of pharmaceuticals, groceries and essential goods. Previously issued special permits (stickers) will be valid, however, the issuance of new stickers is not provided;
- provision of taxi services is allowed, however, cars providing taxi services cannot have more than two passengers and should have a transparent barrier between the driver’s seat and passenger seats. Additionally, taxi services can be provided only in the car’s place of registration;
- transport movement between regions will be suspended, with the exception of vehicles of organizations engaged in the cultivation of agricultural products in order to ensure timely provision of food products.
Borders and civil air traffic will remain closed. Due to the complication of the epidemiological situation and taking into account the analysis of the international epidemiological situation, the number of international flights will be halved. It is also noted that the drivers engaged in international freight transportation will be obliged to pass tests for coronavirus.
In addition, the Commission decided to prohibit the following activities until 1 August 2020:
- amusement parks and gardens;
- consumer goods marketplaces and large non-grocery goods stores;
- gyms, fitness clubs, and swimming pools;
- preschool institutions and educational courses regardless of the legal form of ownership;
- public catering facilities (restaurants, cafes, canteens), with the exception of delivery services;
- sanatoriums, boarding guest houses, children's camps, guest houses, beaches and other recreational areas.