Presidential Edict № 148 dated April 18th 2019 “On the digital banking technologies”
Edict provides the following regulations:
- Access to the information about the clients kept in the interbank identification system besides banks will be provided to the insurance organizations, participants of the securities market, leasing companies, microfinance organizations, forex companies etc. Moreover, state bodies will get access to the system;
- A possibility of using the biometric information about clients (photo and video images of the client, voice) during the identification and authentication of clients;
- A possibility to make deals in electronic form with the application of the software and technical means and technologies without the usage of electronic digital signature in banking and financial transactions;
- A possibility to transfer the business process of communication between Belarusian finance organizations and clients online;
- A possibility to make deals via smart-contract in banking and financial sphere. In order to secure the rights of individuals it is provided that National bank and members of the international identification system will also follow the rules on consumer protection in the activity with the usage of smart-contract.
These rules will enter into force from October 21st, 2019.