The Decision #207 of the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Azerbaijan dated June 19, 2020 proclaims an extension of the special quarantine regime in the territory of the Republic of Azerbaijan.
Under this Decision, the special quarantine regime in the country has been extended until August 01, 2020.
Additional measures to tighten the special quarantine regime in Baku, Sumgayit, Ganja, Lankaran, Yevlakh, Masalli, Jalilabad cities and Absheron region
The Decision #208 of the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Azerbaijan dated June 19, 2020 proclaims additional measures to tighten the special quarantine regime in Baku, Sumgayit, Ganja, Lankaran, Yevlakh, Masalli, Jalilabad cities and Absheron region.
Under this Decision, some restrictions to be applied in the territory of Baku, Sumgayit, Ganja, Lankaran, Yevlakh, Masalli, Jalilabad cities and Absheron region from June 21, 2020 to July 5, 2020.
The activities in the following areas of work and services to be suspended:
- operation of large shopping centers, except for grocery stores and pharmacies;
- on-site services to customers in public catering facilities;
- activities of museums and exhibition halls;
- activities of barbershops, beauty salons and cosmetic services (including service in these areas at the client's home or elsewhere);
- activities of educational institutions (except for online exams, competitions and interviews);
- outdoor sport competitions and games.
Permission of movement on the basis of service cards or a certificate of employment
The following persons are allowed to move on the basis of service cards or a certificate of employment:
- employees of the Administration of the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan, Control Affairsof the Administration of the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan, the Medical Service of the Republic of Azerbaijan, the Office of the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Azerbaijan and the Office of Affairs of the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Azerbaijan;
- members of the Milli Majlis of the Republic of Azerbaijan and staff of the Parliament;
- heads of central and local executive authorities and their deputies;
- heads of state-owned legal entities, as well as public legal entities established on behalf of the state, and their deputies;
- employees of law enforcement, judicial and military bodies, advocates;
- employees of diplomatic missions and international organizations accredited in the Republic of Azerbaijan and their local staff (on the basis of accreditation cards issued by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Azerbaijan).
Activities of the following employees are allowed, after the information on these employees is being entered into the portal "icaze.e-gov.az" by the employer, using an electronic signature:
- employees of state bodies (institutions),
- “ASAN Volunteers” Public Union,
- “Agrarian Development Volunteers” Movement, “Regional Development” Public Union,
- “Bir” student volunteers,
- Volunteers of the Ministry of Labor and Social Protection of Population of the Republic of Azerbaijan
- employees of the private legal entities authorized to continue their activities in the determined areas, and individuals and their employees engaged in entrepreneurial activities without establishing a legal entity
- employees required to ensure the protection and technical safety of private legal entities that are not allowed to continue their activities
Permission for all other persons to leave the place of the residence
All other persons are allowed to leave the place of the residence in the following cases:
1. due to urgent medical necessity and to receive treatment on any schedule;
2. in connection with the need to purchase food and other daily necessities, as well as medicines, to use public services, banking, postal and other services provided in the areas of work and services permitted to continue its activities, as well as to spend time outdoors;
3. in connection with attending the funeral of a close relative.
Individuals mentioned in sections 1 and 2 are allowed to leave the premises once in a day for each specified reason for 2 hours. In order to obtain a permit to leave the place of the residence, individuals must send an SMS to 8103. The content of the SMS should show the number under which an individual needs to leave and identification data (SMS information is free of charge).
In order to leave the premises on the grounds specified in section 3, each person must obtain a permit through the 102 Service - Call Center of the Duty Units Management Service of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Republic of Azerbaijan.
Identification data includes:
- for a citizen of the Republic of Azerbaijan - a series and a number of an identity card (for example, AZE1111111);
- for foreigners temporarily or permanently residing in Azerbaijan, or stateless persons - the series and number of the certificate of permission for temporary or permanent residence in the territory of Azerbaijan (for example, MYİ (DYİ) 1111111),
- for foreigners and stateless persons whose term of temporary stay in the territory of the Republic of Azerbaijan has been extended - the series and number of the decision to extend the period of temporary stay (for example, MOM1111111).
EXAMPLE: in order to leave the place of residence due to the need to purchase food and other everyday goods, as well as medicines, to use banking and postal services, a person must send an SMS of the following content to 8103 – “2 AZE1111111”.
Upon getting positive feedback, an individual will be able to leave the place of residence.
It is obligatory for persons to have identity documents on them during their movement.
Persons with tickets for international and local flights are allowed to travel from their place of residence or stay on the basis of their tickets, and persons entering the country from the state border are allowed to enter their place of residence or stay on the basis of their passport stamp.
Individuals, legal entities and officials will bear administrative and criminal liability for the violation of the requirements of the Decision #208.
It is allowed to continue activities in the following areas, subject to compliance with the requirements of the special quarantine regime period:
1. Health and social services – research and laboratory services, hospitals, polyclinics, veterinary medicine, production of medical equipment, medicines and medical devices, social services;
2. Infrastructure services - utilities, production and supply of electricity, water supply and reclamation, telecommunications;
3. Transport and logistics services - cargo transportation, public transport, taxi services;
4. The main types of production - defense industry’s products, oil equipment and facilities, raw materials, daily care and hygiene products, chemical products, oil and gas, metallurgical industry; construction and household equipment; engineering and design services; supply, storage and wholesale of food products;
5. Retail and wholesale services - food products, pharmacies, gas stations, zoo shops, including animal feed outlets, sales points for construction materials and household items;
6. Household services - collection and utilization of household waste, postal services, chemical cleaning, car repairs and car washes, translation services, animal shelters, design services;
7. Mass media;
8. Financial institutions - banks and currency exchange offices, insurance organizations, organizations providing payment services and clearing services;
9. Types of special services - delivery services, repair of household appliances, disinfection services;
10. Advocacy activity/attorney activity.