GRATA International and Kennedys held a joint Aviation Insurance seminar
On April 9, 2019, “Aviation Insurance” Seminar was held at the InterContinental Hotel. The seminar was organized by GRATA International and Kennedys law firms.
The seminar raised such topics as passenger claims against airlines, handling major losses (using the examples of air crashes that happened in Asia: TransAsia ATR accidents in July 2014 and February 2015, AirAsia A320 crash in December 2014, and so on). Also, topics such as insurance policy in the interests of the airline were considered, examples from practice were given. The speakers described how geopolitical risks affect the operation of aviation companies, and how to manage the risks. At the same time, judicial practice and representative cases in aviation in Kazakhstan were reviewed.
Experienced lawyers and insurance specialists of the aviation field took part in the seminar as speakers:
- Alexandra Rodina - Partner at Kennedys London office;
- Nick Humphrey - Partner at Kennedys office in Dubai;
- Rhyley Griffith – Associate, Kennedys, London;
- Peng Lim - Partner, Global Head of Aviation, Kennedys;
- Bakhyt Tukulov - Partner, Director of Dispute Resolution Department at GRATA International;
- And Rinat Kaziev – Claims Director at "SP Malakut" Insurance Broker.
Representatives of such major aviation and insurance companies as Air Astana, Qazaq Air, Kommesk-Omіr, Lufthansa Group, Amanat, and others attended the Seminar.
GRATA International thanks all participants of the Seminar for their attention and waits at future seminars!