On May 26, 2021, Junior Associate of GRATA International, Belarus Angelina Romanchuk together with an Counsel, Associate of GRATA St. Petersburg law office held a video lecture on the “Entry of a Belarusian construction company to the Russian market” for the magazine “Lawyer in Construction”.
At the lecture, the speakers discussed the following questions:
- What is important to consider when deciding to enter the Russian construction market?
- What are the minimum requirements for a construction company in Russia?
- Is it necessary to create a branch / representative office, subsidiary company? When can you operate without a permanent establishment? Construction site = permanent establishment?
- In what cases does a Belarusian contractor / subcontractor need to join a self-regulatory organization (SRO) in order to carry out activities on the Russian construction market?
- How to get membership in an SRO?
- Upon joining an SRO, an obligation arises to make contributions to compensation funds. What is important to consider here?
- What is the procedure for formalizing labor relations with Belarusian and / or Russian workers?
- How can a Belarusian entity look for customers?
Pavel and Angelina spoke about the algorithm for a Belarusian company to enter the Russian construction market and considered in detail the main problematic issues of construction companies on foreign markets.