The Decision #190 of the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Azerbaijan dated May 29, 2020 defines an extension of the special quarantine regime in the territory of Azerbaijan and lifting some restrictions applied in connection with this regime.
Under this Decision, the special quarantine regime in the country has been extended until June 15, 2020.
The following restrictions under the special quarantine regime shall be lifted starting from May 31, 2020:
- Removal of restrictions on the number of employees in government bodies (institutions) in Baku, Sumgayit, Ganja, Lankaran cities and Absheron region;
- Restoring the activities of large shopping centers and Malls in the country (except for the activities of children's and other entertainment centers, cinemas and public catering areas);
- Restoring on-site customer service in restaurants, cafes, tea houses, as well as all public catering facilities from 08:00 to 22:00 (except for the public catering facilities using hookah and organization of mass festivities, meetings with more than 10 people);
- Permission to organize outdoor sports competitions without the participation of spectators.
Under this Decision, for the days when a limited number of employees are involved by the heads of the state bodies (institutions) to ensure the activity of these state bodies (institutions), these employees shall be granted additional days off up to 14 calendar days at their discretion during the year.
The Decision #190 considers specific amendments to the Decision #178 dated May 16, 2020 on restrcitions remained in force under the special quarantine regime in Azerbaijan.
The following restrictions remain in force under the special quarantine regime in the Republic of Azerbaijan until June 15, 2020:
- suspension of access to the country by land and air, except for freight;
- with the exception of the movement of special vehicles, ambulances, emergency vehicles, and trucks, the entry and exit to Baku, Sumgait, Absheron district, Ganja and Lankaran, as well as passenger transportation by land and air to other cities and regions of the country, were suspended;
- suspension of the educational process in all educational institutions;
- suspension of group and individual reception of citizens in government bodies, with the exception of “ASAN” and “DOST” Service Centers;
- besides funerals, the prohibition of religious events, as well as the organization and holding of mourning ceremonies in halls, tents and other enclosed spaces;
- ban on wedding events;
- suspension of all social events (except for outdoor sports competitions without spectators);
- a ban on services for organizing events, including the organization of birthdays, weddings, engagements and similar ceremonies in the client's house or in other places;
- a ban on gathering groups of more than 10 people in public places, including streets, boulevards, parks and other places;
- suspension of activities of entertainment facilities, including children's entertainment facilities (including those located on the boulevard and in parks);
- the closure of cultural facilities, with the exception of museums and exhibition halls, as well as cinemas, theaters, sports halls;
- suspension of activities of children's and other entertainment centers, cinemas and public catering establishments in large shopping centers (Malls);
- a ban on the use of hookahs in public catering establishments;
- suspension of customer service in restaurants, cafes, teahouses, as well as in all catering establishments in Baku, Sumgait, Ganja, Lankaran cities and Absheron region from 22:00 to 08:00;
- a ban on relatives visiting patients at medical facilities, relatives visiting patients undergoing treatment in medical institutions;
- suspension of sports, health and rehabilitation services (with the exception of medical services in this area);
- attending a massage and to provide bath services.
Requirements for the use of personal protective equipment in the special quarantine regime in Azerbaijan
On May 29, 2020, the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Azerbaijan adopted Decision #189 on the requirements for the use of personal protective equipment in the special quarantine regime.
Under this Decision, in order to prevent the mass spread of a new type of coronavirus (COVID-19) infection in Azerbaijan, personal respiratory protection equipment (medical mask, cloth mask, respirator mask, etc.) shall be used in the following cases, provided that the social distance is maintained (distance between people 1.5-2 meters):
- in vehicles used for intercity (inter-district) and within the city (within the district) passenger transportation (bus, taxi, subway, railway, etc.);
- in markets, indoor catering, trade and service facilities (except for cases when it is necessary to remove personal respiratory protection devices, depending on the type of service provided at these facilities);
- in the areas intended for reception of citizens and service of citizens in the buildings of government bodies (institutions);
- in the areas of buildings belonging to individuals and legal entities used for customer service;
- in open-air public offices and production areas;
- in non-public (closed) areas considered as historical and cultural monuments, places of worship, scientific and health institutions, social, cultural and other such non-public (closed) facilities;
- in queues in front of public transport stops, ticket offices, ATMs and payment terminals, trade, business and service facilities;
- in other cases when it is not possible to maintain social distance between people in open-air public places where they gather and have close contact.
Other protective measures (hygiene, social distance, etc.) shall be implemented appropriately.
Violation of the mentioned requirements shall entail liability established by the Code of Administrative Offenses of the Republic of Azerbaijan.
Extentsion of resctrictions on entry and exit at the state border of Azerbaijan.
On May 29, 2020, the Task Force under the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Azerbaijan released the information on extentsion of resctrictions on entry and exit at the state border of Azerbaijan.
As per the information, restrictions on entry and exit at the state border of the Republic of Azerbaijan are extended until June 15, 2020.