Issam Dahman is a Managing Partner of Mai Alfalasi Advocates and Legal Consultancy (MAAF Legal), an associate office of GRATA International UAE. Issam previously held various executive roles as General Counsel, leading in-house counsel for legal departments of key corporate and financial institutions. With over twenty years of experience as corporate and banking legal counsel in the UAE, Issam is skilled in applying leadership capabilities, sound judgment, negotiation tools, drafting expertise, and business insight reflecting him as a well-versed bilingual legal counsel with an in-depth understanding of corporate objectives and clients’ needs.
Issam acted on major transactions, including key mergers and acquisitions, project finance, corporate and debt restructuring, dispute resolutions, transfer of intellectual property, and many other business and commercial deals.
- Corporate and M&A,
- Commercial contracts,
- Banking and Finance,
- Dispute Resolution;
- Bachelor in Law - LLB, Beirut Arab University, Law Faculty, 1999
- Master in Law – LLM - International Business Transactions, Washington College of Law of the American University of Washington DC, 2001
- UAB Banking Federation for Chairmanship
- Legal Committee at the UAE Banking Federation (Founding member since 2013 and Chairman (2016-2018)
- UAE In-House Counsels, UAE.
- Dubai International Arbitration Center, UAE
- American Bar Association, U.S.A