GRATA International law firm’s Baku office was incorporated and registered in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Azerbaijan in 2003 as a Branch, and later on 13 September 2005 as GRATA Azerbaijan LLC. Since its establishment, GRATA Azerbaijan has provided legal services to companies engaged in business in different fields of industry, including oil and gas, pharmaceuticals, communications and media, banks and financing, transportation and construction.
With its 14-member team, GRATA Azerbaijan LLC provides full legal support to international and local companies in Azerbaijan.
What is different about GRATA Azerbaijan?
GRATA Azerbaijan is one of two qualified international law firms in Azerbaijan.
Years of experience in Azerbaijan in various projects of local, regional and international caliber and in different practice areas. GRATA Azerbaijan has been successfully rendering professional legal services to both foreign and local clients since 2003 (i.e. 16 years).
Big foreign companies prefer to be advised and represented by GRATA in important multijurisdictional projects related to Azerbaijan or with companies incorporated in Azerbaijan.
Big and reputable international law firms not present in Azerbaijan trust their clients’ projects to GRATA in Azerbaijan because we work fast, provide high level quality and at a reasonable cost.
If one becomes a client of any GRATA country offices, he/she is naturally considered a client of all GRATA offices in 20 countries. Our country offices are holding open door policy towards all other clients from other countries. We offer our clients an access to the entire network of GRATA International diverse team that has extensive legal experience and knowledge of local business environment in any country of GRATA’s presence. If the client is located in Azerbaijan, projects can be managed through GRATA Azerbaijan as a focal point without need to personally contact leading Partners in each country. One stop- shop approach.
Ability to handle multiple time-sensitive projects simultaneously.
Reasonable fees and flexibility to adjust to the needs of the clients.
Qualified and skillful lawyers. Leading lawyers of our corporate law/M&A, antitrust, energy law, tax, banks and finance and employment teams hold law degrees both from reputable local universities and European and US Universities which enables them to better understand specifics of complex cross border business transactions as well as foreign clients’ expectations.
Multilingual team of lawyers who speak Azeri, Russian, English, Turkish, French, German and Chinese.
Recent awards of the office:
- Certificate of Appreciation in recognition of GRATA Azerbaijan LLC law firm’s participation and generous support for “Joint BCC Academy – AMCHAM career fair”.
- Certificate of Appreciation by World Bank Group for contribution to Doing Business 2014: Understanding Regulations for Small and Medium Size Enterprises.
- Certificate of Appreciation by World Bank Group for contribution to Doing Business 2015: Going Beyond Efficiency.
- Certificate of Appreciation by World Bank Group for contribution to Doing Business 2016: Measuring Regulatory Quality and Efficiency.
- Certificate of Appreciation by World Bank Group contribution to Doing Business 2017: Equal Opportunity for All.
Leading firms – Tier 3
Commercial, Corporate and M&A - Tier 3