Intellectual property (IP) is one of a firm's most valuable assets. But in a world where piracy and the unlawful use of intellectual property are widespread, its registration and protection are strategically important and crucial to the abolition of unfair competition.
GRATA's IP lawyers successfully combine theory and specific cases’ practice that is intended for the protection of our clients’ rights. Our IP lawyers have significant experience in assisting with the local and international registration of trademarks for national and foreign companies; advising on license and franchise agreements, IP rights assignment contracts; industrial property preparing and filing applications for registration of inventions, utility models, industrial designs; patent researches; protection of IP rights; representation of international companies at courts of various levels and state agencies.
- Franchising and Licensing agreements.
- Copyright and Neighboring/Related rights.
- Due Diligence of Intellectual Property.
- Protection of IP Rights.
- IP Litigation and Disputes.
- Trademarks and Appellations of Origin.
- IP & Antitrust.
- Parallel import.
- Customs measures of IP protection.
- Domain names.
- Trade secrets & Know How.
- Company names.
- IP rights assignment agreements.
- Searches for industrial property objects.
- Data Protection 2016: Kazakhstan.
- The International Comparative Legal Guide series - Franchise 2017: Kazakhstan.
- The Franchise Law Review: Kazakhstan.
- The International Comparative Legal Guide to Copyright 2016, 2nd edition. A practical cross-border insight into copyright law.
- The International Comparative Legal Guide to Franchise 2016, 2nd edition. A practical cross-border insight into franchise law.
- The International Comparative Legal Guide to Trade Marks 2016, 5th edition. A practical cross-border insight into trade mark work.
- The International Comparative Legal Guide Trademarks 2016: Kazakhstan, 2016.
- Parallel import remedies: Russia and Kazakhstan, Corporate Lawyer No.5, 2015.
- Protection of Trademarks in Kazakhstan: Must Know for Businesses (published: in "Forbes Kazakhstan" 29/09/2016).
- The Intellectual Property and Antitrust Review: Kazakhstan, 2017, 2nd edition.