Samat Daumov is a Partner and Director of GRATA International office in Nur-Sultan.
Samat pays significant attention to the management and development of the firm. From 2013 to 2019 he was acting as Managing partner of Kazakhstan offices. Since October 2019, he concurrently heads GRATA International Representative Office in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
- In 2007, Samat graduated from M. Narikbayev KAZGUU University with honors and then received a degree in management from the Kazakh-Russian University;
- From January to June 2008 Samat took a language course in the United Kingdom;
- In 2011, Samat graduated from M. Narikbayev KAZGUU University with honours and received a Master of Laws degree;
- Samat has attended many seminars and had a secondment in an international law firm in the United Kingdom;
- In June 2020, he passed the selection and became a graduate of the first training course of the Investor School at the Astana Hub International Technopark of IT Startups.
Samat has extensive experience in natural resources, specialising in various issues, including commercial law, corporate law and litigation.
He is the author of several articles and reviews, and a regular lecturer at M. Narikbayev KAZGUU University .
He has been awarded with a lapel badge "Zhomart Zhan" (Generous soul) established by the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
He is a member of the following groups and organisations:
- Member of worldwide leadership community YPO (Young Presidents’ Organization), which unites young and successful businessmen, top managers of the largest companies in the world;
- Member of Kazakhstan Bar Association (KazBar);
- KAZGUU Law School Business Council.
- Energy, Ecology and Oil & Gas Industry Working Group of the Kazakhstan Foreign Investors’ Council Association (KFICA);
- Regular participant in many business clubs at foreign embassies.