The practice of recent years shows that the resolution and removal of disputable issues at the stage of a customs audit or while considering objections to a preliminary customs audit act is an effective measure to protect the rights and interests of declarants.
The purpose of our services is to provide legal support to the Company during a customs audit, check on compliance by the customs authorities of the customs audit proceedings per customs legislation and resolve disputes before the decision on the customs audit results is made.
Our services on customs audit support include:
- representation and protection the interests of the Company before the customs authorities;
- oral or written advice on issues concerning the Company's customs obligations or the customs audit process;
- legal evaluation of actions, enquiries, documents sent by the customs authority, preparation of response;
- preparation and submission of explanations to the questions (requests) of the customs authorities;
- interaction and participation in negotiations with the customs authorities;
- analysis and preparation of objections to the preliminary customs audit act and representing the interests of the Company in the State Revenue Committee when considering objections.
The GRATA International team has solid experience in all categories of fiscal disputes and tax and customs audit support. We represented and protected the interests of Electrovoz Kurastyru Zauyty LLP, JVInkai LLP, Kazakhstan Oil Equipment Plant LLP, Kom-Munai LLP, Scania Central Asia LLP, Firm Ada Oil LLP, Alstom Kazakhstan LLP, Kazakh Nickel GRK LLP, Japan Tobaco International Kazakhstan, Carlsberg Kazakhstan LLP, Procter & Gamble Kazakhstan LLP, Mercury 1999 LLP, Branch of Service Company “PetroAlliance” LLC, Semizbay-U LLP, Karazhanbasmunai JSC, British American Tobacco Kazakhstan Trading LLP, Sagiz Petroleum Company LLP, Atyrau branch of Enka Inshaat Ve Sanai A.Sh., KazStroyService LLP, Varvarinskoye JSC, Kazmunayservice & Contracting LLP, Prikaspian Peteroleum Company LLP, JITS LLP, Branch of OMV Petrom S.A. in the Republic of Kazakhstan, Batys Munai LLP, etc.
GRATA exists for about 30 years and throughout its existence successfully built-up tax and customs practice that includes provision of legal advice on various customs matters and support during the post-customs control and court appeals.
Also, the GRATA team consists of professionals who have considerable work experience with tax and customs authorities of Kazakhstan.