Liya Akzhanova has diverse knowledge in various fields of law. Law firm GRATA in 2011. In the past, accounting and personnel managers, both large companies, and the shipyard of the Mangystau region and Zhardem LLP worked. From October 2018 to October 2019, she worked in the position of Secretary of the Board of Directors in Astana Financial Services Authority, Astana International Financial Centre (based on a common law jurisdiction).
- 2000 - Karaganda State University named after E.A. Buketov Law degree with Honour.
- 2007 - Karaganda Economic University with a degree in Finance.
- Certificate of Completion of Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA certificate).
- Trusted lawyer of Austrian Embassy (certificate) in Republic of Kazakhstan and Central Asia 2011-2019.
- Member of the Editorial Board of LawInSport (Asian Sub-Division).
- Financial Risk Management Candidate Level 2.
- Project Management Certificate Candidate.