On 1 September, the Special Republican Commission decided to ease quarantine measures starting from 5 September. According to the decision, the following businesses can resume their activities:
- restaurants, cafes and other food services.
- cinemas and theatres. The premises must comply with sanitary requirements. They should also have an air circulation system, decontamination equipment, place visitors in masks and with a social distance;
- park attractions;
- transportation of passengers in minibuses.
However, the following sanitary requirements remain in effect:
- mandatory social distancing of 2 meters, covering face with masks, as well as other specific restrictions applicable for public places.
- prohibition of celebrations and mass events, and the work of nightclubs, discos, spas, massage parlors, hookah lounges, computer clubs.
Moreover, the Special Republican Commission decided to resume air, rail and road communications with other countries. For this purpose, the Commission adopted temporary instruction on operation of regular international flights during the pandemic.
At the moment, Uzbekistan has resumed regular flights with Germany, UAE, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan and Turkey. A passenger planning a flight to Uzbekistan from the abovementioned countries must present a certificate with negative result of COVID-19 testing through PCR method in English or Russian language. The certificate must be obtained no more than 72 hours before the flight departure. A passenger cannot register for a flight in case of a positive test result.
In addition, the Special Republican Commission instructed to restore communications with all other States starting from October 1. Thus, from October 1, the previously imposed restrictions on entering and leaving the country by air, rail and road transport will be lifted. At the same time, all communications will be strictly monitored for compliance with quarantine and sanitary rules.