Gulnur Nurkeyeva is a Head of China Desk and responsible for all China Related projects in countries of GRATA International presence.
Gulnur has over 18 years of experience in Kazakhstani legal services market.
She has started her career in 1999 in Astana Bar association as Qualified Advocate. Later she worked for Kazakhstan Government in the Ministry of taxes and participated in drafting first tax Code of Kazakhstan.
Prior to joining GRATA Law Firm, she worked more than 10 years as an in-house (later head of Legal Department) in National Welfare Fund "Samruk-Kazyna" Group.
Samruk –Kazyna manage the shares of the State-Owned Enterprises in oil and gas, metallurgical, nuclear, telecommunication, transport sectors, such as KazMunayGas, Kazatomprom, Kazakhtelecom, Kazakhstan Railway, KazPost, Air Astana, Kazakhstan Electricity Grid Operating Company (KEGOC), Samruk-Energy.
The practice led by Gulnur has become a winner of China Business Law Awards 2015-2016 in the category of “Energy, Projects and Infrastructure”.
- 2012 - LL.M. in Chinese Law Peking University (PRC).
- 1999- bachelor degree in International law Karagandy National University Kazakhstan.
- Kazakhstan Bar Association
- Weihai Arbitration Commission of PRС (2020)
What Clients Say:
- “GRATA has abundant practical experience in Central Asia’s energy and infrastructure sector,” says Pei Ruonan, a senior project manager in China National Technical Import & Export Corporation. “It can offer the best and most efficient legal services to enterprises.”
- Clients recommend Gulnur Nurkeyeva, head of the China desk at GRATA, “She is dedicated and ready to answer different questions from clients; meanwhile, she is very professional and offers a pertinent service to our company by giving timely and effective solutions.”
- China Business Law Journal
China ENFI Engineering Corporation:
- “We would like to appreciate in particular of the outstanding professionalism of the Head of China Desk Mrs. Gulnur Nurkeyeva, for providing excellent legal support in registration of permanent establishment of China ENFI in Kazakhstan and successful application for the first category construction, design and survey licenses. In addition, she has an excellent awareness of the work of Ministries and authorities and how to communicate effectively with them to get problems addressed.”
- China Business Law Awards 2015
- Deals of the Year Award 2018 - China Business Law Journal
- CEDR Accredited Mediator (2019)
- Arbitrator of the Weihai Arbitration Commission of PRС (2020)
- 2 winning Awards in Deals of the Year 2020 - China Business Law Journal
- Interview for Kazakhstan National Television
- Interview for a Kazakhstan Government website