Dr. oec. Walter Müllhaupt graduated from the University of St. Gallen with the master degree in 1970 and with the PhD in economics in 1974. Also in 1974, he passed the bar exam in St. Gallen. After further studies at the Boalt Hall School of Law, University of California, Berkeley, he obtained the master of laws (LL.M.) in 1975.
- Capital Markets.
- Commercial and Business.
His practice focuses on commercial, company and general contract law, mergers and acquisitions, company relocations, banking and capital markets, collective investments, IT-law, foundations and trusts, taxation, as well as international private law.
Dr. oec. Walter Müllhaupt is a member of the Zurich and the Swiss Bar Associations. He is registered in the lawyers' register and admitted as the attorney at law to all courts in Switzerland. As the financial intermediary, he is also a member of the Self-Regulation Organisation of the Swiss Bar Association and the Swiss Notaries Association (Anti-Money Laundering).
- Board member of a Swiss based bank.
- Board member of various Swiss-based companies and foundations.
- Mergers and Acquisitions of companies in Switzerland and abroad.
- IT contracts.
- Legal assistance/advice in governmental projects (including legislation).
- “Professional Secret an Privilege of the Corporate Auditors, Zurich 1974
- The Role of the Public Defendant, Zurich 1974.
- Legal Characteristics and Enforceability of Letters of Intent, Zurich 1978.
- The Right of Third Parties to appeal in Attachment Procedures, Zurich 1979
- International Takeovers according to Swiss Law, Zurich 1980.
- The Protection of Minority Interests in Corporations, Zurich 1982.
- Seeking Swiss Assistance in Enforcing United States Tax Laws in: International Tax & Business Lawyer, Berkeley, 1986, p. 144 et seq.
- International Publicity and its Qualifications according to Swiss Law, in WirtschaftsrechtlicheBlätter, 1988.
- Quorum requirements in the shareholders' meeting for the repeated issue of special voting stock, in: SchweizerischeJuristenzeitung 1989, p. 207.