Victor Gitlan has extensive legal and economic background, being involved in a variety of high-profile projects and transactions in Moldova. He has more than 5 years of experience dealing with issues that foreign investors face in Moldova and has a profound understanding of the local market.
Victor has valuable experience in legal advisory and representation work gained while working as a lawyer at the Ministry of the Environment of the Republic of Moldova and during the professional internship at the Permanent Representation of the Republic of Moldova to the Council of Europe (Strasbourg, France), where he has drafted the summary notes regarding the judgments of the European Court of Human Rights against the Republic of Moldova.
He aims to provide the Client with practical business solutions, not mere legal advice. Victor Gitlan is business-oriented, primarily transactional lawyer, able to provide services in Romanian, English, Italian and Russian.
Victor has extensive expertise in litigation, he has controlled litigious matters in various areas of practice. He has represented domestic and foreign companies, clients in disputes before Moldovan courts, including the Supreme Court of Justice. He specializes in Banking & Finance, M&A and Capital Markets, Corporate & Commercial, Project Finance and Public-Private Partnership (PPP), Intellectual Property and Real Estate.
In cross-border projects, he collaborates with the entire offices’ network of the international law firm GRATA International.
He is an advocate of reform and improvement of the legal environment for doing business and an active member of the Moldovan business community.
- Banking & Finance
- M&A and Capital Markets
- Corporate & Commercial
- Project Finance and Public-Private Partnership (PPP)
- Intellectual Property
- Real Estate
- Industry Sectors:
- Private Equity / Venture Capital
- Pharmaceuticals and Healthcare
- Technology, Media & Telecommunications
- Infrastructure & Green energy
- Master Degree in Economics and Law for Enterprise and Public Administration - University of
- Modena and Reggio Emilia, Italy, 2021
- Bachelor of Laws (qualification as a lawyer) - Moldova State University, Chisinau, 2019
- Bachelor in Economic Sciences (qualification as an economist) - Academy of Economic Studies of Moldova, Chisinau, 2019
- Diploma in Public Finance - Financial Banking College, Chisinau, 2015