October, 2018 – present – Astana Financial Services Authority, Astana International Financial Centre (based on a common law jurisdiction), Secretary of the Board of Directors:
- Ensures proper implementation and interpretation of the Acting Law of AIFC (based on a common law) and Kazakhstan law related to the Board activity;
- Strong communication and relations with the Board of Directors (8 members from UK, USA, Australia, Switzerland and Kazakhstan), ensures a delivery of the Board’s decisions to appropriate divisions and the Executive Body;
- Monitors the implementation of the Charter and other governing documentation of the AFSA;
- Advises the Chairman and members of the Board, and the Executive Body on compliance with the Charter and applicable law;
- Reviews legal and regulatory amendments which may affect the activity of the Board of Directors, its regulations and requirements in order to carry out proper implementation herein;
August, 2011 – October, 2018 – GRATA Law Firm, Legal Counsel, Deputy Branch Manager
- Project management and coordination of the involved departments of the Law Firm in clients’ assignments from inception till final delivery to the client;
- Deep analysis of legislation in certain aspects of the client's activities, possible risks and recommendations;
- Advising clients on various fields of law including but not limited: subsoil use; contracts; dispute resolution; construction; investments, renewable energy; PPP; taxation; working with state bodies; negotiations;
- Interacting clients and building strong client relationships (applying conflict check policy);
- Drafting different kinds of legal documents including but not limited: legal memorandums, legal opinions, conclusions, contracts, agreements, etc.
February, 2010 – August, 2011 – Mangistau Oblast Boat Yard, LLP (JV of NMSK Kazmortransflot, JSC and UAE Company TOPAZ Marine, Aktau), Head of Legal Department
- Full legal support of top management, shareholders in respect of current legislation in marine industry and shipping repair field;
Corporate secretary functions
- (observance of charter competency; convey of GMPs, preparation of agendas, minutes of the meetings, explanatory notes, drafting decisions of the MoMs, GMPs in absentia, extracts from MoMs, preparation of the documents for solving deadlock situations, etc.);
- Representation of organization in state bodies and in relations with third parties, correspondence;
- Draft and review of all kinds of agreements, contracts, and bids, bank guarantees, term sheets, etc.;
- Successful appeal of the results of labour inspection in the courts.
January, 2009 – February, 2011 – Zhardem, LLP, Managing Director
- Full management of the company; Legal support of organization; Bookkeeping of the company (cash, bank, payroll, etc.); Tax and statistic reports (preparation of returns for corporation income tax, VAT, individual income tax, social tax).
February, 2008 – January, 2009 – ABK – Plast, LLP (subsidiary of BI Group), Accountant
- Inventory & material accounting; Release of final products; Payroll, cash accounting; Preparation of returns for corporation income tax, VAT, individual income tax, social tax;
April, 2006 – February, 2008 – KarStroyInvest, LLP, Accountant of three affiliated companies
- Financial reports (IFRS); Representation of the company in state bodies and in relations with third parties; tax and statistic reports; payroll and inventory accounting.
July, 2005 – November, 2006 – Microcredit organization “Small Business Development Fund - Karaganda”, LLP, Lawyer
- Analysis and formation of credit history; Legal analysis of presented documents for a loan; Drafting acts of collateral value; Claim work with borrowers; Drafting security agreements, loan agreements; Preparation of legal conclusions.
March 2004 – July 2005, Karuglesbyt, LLP, HR specialist
- Secretary services; collecting HR documents; preparation of internal acts of an employer, working with contracts; etc.
- Advising a national company in implementation a joint project with a foreign partner for exploration of potash fields. Project included preparation of set of documents for a subsoil use contract, JV’s corporate documents, negotiations with the partner’s lawyers etc.
- Advising a national company in implementation a joint project with a foreign partner in relation to the construction of the float glass plant in South Kazakhstan (strategy project). Project included building the corporate structure, drafting of EPC contract, JV’s corporate documents and negotiations in Iran etc.
- Advising a Spanish company in acquisition of the shares in a national company manufacturing passenger coaches. Project included a full due diligence report, preparation of corporate documents for M&A transaction etc, preparation the application for antimonopoly approval;
- Advising an Indian company which entered into JV with national company which has subsoil use contract on possible options to exit the project;
- Advising an Italian construction company – General Contractor on the Project 'International Transit Corridor 'Western Europe – Western China' - on various aspects of law including dispute resolution with subcontractors, banks, customs issues, labour issues and taxation;
- Advising football agents in court disputes with local football club regarding outstanding debts under concluded contracts;
- Advising one of coaches (resident of Finland) of national hockey team in respect of potential dispute with a hockey club in respect of termination of employment agreement (on a pro-bono basis);
- Advising an Italian construction company – General Contractor on the Project 'International Transit Corridor 'Western Europe – Western China' - on various aspects of the law including dispute resolution with subcontractors, customs issues, labour issues and taxation.
- Advising a Spanish company implementing a joint project with a national company for manufacturing coaches with regard to taxation issues within Special Economic Zones.
- Advising a European supplier of cattle on the Procurement Rules for a contract concluded with a state company.
- Advising foreign companies on registration issues and obtaining work permits.
- Supporting a transaction for the transfer of catering services to airlines from a state company to a major international supplier of on-board meals.
- Advising a Spanish company conducting a joint project with a national company with regard to corporate issues.
- Advising a joint venture for the production of aircraft on export issues and obtaining reimbursement of expenses borne during exportation.
- Advising clients on registering on the territory of Special Economic Zones and obtaining preferences.
- Advising clients on customs clearance, working with the Customs Department and administrative proceedings.
- Advising clients on customs clearance and the payment of customs duties.