- Representing Oil and Gas construction company in a series of debt recovery litigations arising out of complex contracts for development of infrastructure in Kazakhstan;
- Representing a prominent jewellery manufacturer in an IP dispute against local retailer for violation of exclusive trademark rights;
- Representing a major Dutch bank and an Indian investor in bankruptcy litigation proceedings in Kazakhstan involving Kazakh borrower;
- Advising a syndicate of international banks in a cross-border debt recovery claim under facility agreement against Kazakh borrower and pledgor;
- Advising a large international client on matters of Kazakh law in relation to anti-bribery case in Kazakhstan;
- Advising a large Turkish construction contractor in a potential dispute against Kazakh contractor under one of the biggest construction projects in Kazakhstan;
- Representing a Swiss producer of products and systems for surveying and geographical measurement in a dispute on challenging of the inclusion into state registry of untrustworthy suppliers;
- Advising a leading Indian telecommunication company on rehabilitation procedure of Kazakh entity;
- Representing a large German industrial company in a dispute over invalidation of a service agreement in the courts of Kazakhstan;
- Preparation of a legal memorandum to a Korean engineering and construction group on conclusion of an option agreement in Kazakhstan;
- Participation in preparation of prospectus for an IPO of a leading mobile operator in Kazakhstan;
- Preparation of litigation part of reports under various due diligence procedures of M&A projects in Kazakhstan;
- Advised on a number of recognition and enforcement of foreign arbitral awards issues in Kazakhstan;
- Close work with enforcement officers under enforcement judgments and arbitral awards in Kazakhstan.
Battle of the Titans in the Astana International Financial Centre Court
The Partners of GRATA International (Askar Konysbayev and Baizhan Bekzhanov) and the London office of Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner LLP (Partner Roman Khodykin, Senior Associate Nadia Hubbuck and Associate Elena Matlak) successfully participated in the largest to date (worth over USD 330 million) case in the history of the Astana International Financial Centre Court ("AIFC Court") between shareholders of one of Kazakhstan's largest oil companies.